Monday, February 18, 2008

Employee of the Year

So tomorrow is quite possibly the biggest day of my career! I'm putting on the Employee of the Year gala! It's a formal gala where guests will arrive in limos on a red carpet in evening gowns and tuxes and one employee will be named the NYNY 2007 Employee of the Year. Needless to say, it's a very important event. I've been at work all day setting up with the audio visual team, the decor company and the caterers. It's been so smooth that it feels a little too easy! I'm worried that at 5pm tomorrow just before the guests start arriving I'll have this huge "Ah ha!" moment when I'll realize all the things I've forgotten! I'm actually more excited than nervous. We're holding the event at the Conference Center at MGM Grand since our property doesn't have any ballrooms big enough to house such a huge event. It's definately like the Oscars of employee events. I'll bring my camera tomorrow and take photos of the evening so you can all catch a glimpse of the night.
It will actually be the last event that I'll be 100% in charge of. After tomorrow, I'll start learning my new role as the HR Manager and pass on the event planning details to my new specialist. She started last week and has been thrown into helping me with the last minute details. I think she's probably a little scared that in her first week, she's seeing the biggest event of the year knowing next year she'll be in charge. I think she'll do a good job though. I will definately miss event planning but from the sounds of it, my new position will allow me to still come up with the creative side of it and then my specialist will have to do the leg work! Which doesn't sound like too bad of a trade off! :)
I won't post tomorrow night since I'll be at the gala but I'll come ready with pics to post on Wednesday! Thanks for reading my blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great blog site! I'm going to have to learn how to do this. Good luck on your big event tomorrow. I'll call you when it's over. I love you, Mom

Jill said...

Wow Em. You are a super star! I can't wait to hear how the event goes!

Mindy said...

How did it all go? I wish I could have been there to see! More importantly...what did you wear? Post a picture!
Mindy

Ben Hyde said...

I like the "FAQ" (get to know you) questions at the beginning. Sorry you can't find Burnt Almond Fudge anywhere. I'll see if anyone makes it up here. ;) Ben