1.Were you named after anyone?
Yes, the character Emily from Saturday's Warrior because I was the last little girl in heaven to come down to my family! :)
2. When was the last time you cried?
When President Hinkley passed. He became the prophet when I was 13 years old. My patriarchal blessings specifically says "Follow to words of President Hinkley." I'm sure I always will!
3. Do you like your handwriting?
HATE it. That's why I type everything on my computer: shopping lists, dinner menus, notes to Travis! :) I wish I could write like Mom.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Turkey. But only if it's real turkey.
5. Do you have kids?
Yes, a 100 lb girl and a 95 lb boy. They're my dogs!
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
Probably not at first. I'm a little stand off ish. But the people who are close to me, I REALLY love and spend a lot of time caring about.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
I've never used sarcasm about anything.....you can't really catch my sarcastic tone in print can you? :) I pretty much use it every day.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? No, and up until last year it was the only surgery I've ever had! :)
9. Would you bungee jump? It may sound crazy but I would rather sky dive. I only want to fall once. I don't want to keep bouncing back up and it seems like the view would be better.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Blueberry Morning. I don't eat it anymore because it's really bad for me.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I don't wear a lot of shoes with laces. I wear slip on heels every day!
12. Do you think you are strong?
I wish I was strong. I always feel embarrassed when I try to lift something that looks pretty light and I can't, or when I have to wait for Travis to come home to open the jar of spaghetti sauce. :(
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Burnt Almond Fudge! They don't make it any more. They have chocolate almond but it's not quite the same. I remember getting it at Quality in Delta!
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
I know it sounds shallow but I notice how they present themselves, their clothes, their hair, their facial expressions, posture etc. My favorite class in college was non-verbal communication so I always pay attention to the non-verbal cues people send out.
15. Red or pink?
Pink!!! I'm very girly. In fact, I'll make a confession, the real reason I liked doing pageants so much is because it's like playing dress up and people actually want to watch!
16. What is the thing that you like least about yourself?
I'm lazy. I would rather sleep with the light on then get out of bed to turn it off.
17. Who do you miss the most?
My whole family. I think about them every day. I still miss when we all lived at home together!
18. What are you wearing?
My gym clothes and Travis's high school wrestling sweatshirt. I feel special when I wear this because he's never let anyone wear it in fear that they would steal it.
I think I must have erased number 19.
20. Have you ever re-gifted?
Yes but only to someone I didn't like. She gave us a gift so we felt we had to give her one. Oopps, and I gave mom some gold silver wear we got for our wedding. But that's because I knew how much she would like it!
21. What are you listening to right now?
My dogs nails sliding across our tile floor as they scurry into their carpeted room to play.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Magenta. I remember during General Conference one year in Oak City when
I was probably 5 years old that Mom gave me a new box of crayons and a coloring book to keep me busy. I was sitting next to the blue couch kind of by the mud bathroom coloring and I pulled out a Magenta crayon. I couldn't read it so I asked Mom what color it was. When she told me I thought it was the coolest name for a crayon I had ever heard. How's that for digging into your psyche for meaning to that question?!
23. Favorite smells?
Cinnamon Rolls and Summer rain.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Some employee asking if he could wash cars in the parking garage....I get a lot of weird calls at work.
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Kind of....there's that sarcasm again! Of course I do! I used to live with her. (Mindy!) I still remember that summer. I was watching Christian one night and he was throwing the fit to end all fits. Later when he calmed down, he looked up at me and said, "Emily, you did a good job at handling 'bad Christian.' " :)
I think we must have skipped a lot of these questions.
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
It must be a Hyde thing because I won't even watch the previews to scary movies. I don't feel the spirit when I'm scared so I'd just rather avoid that feeling.
32. Last movie you watched?
Cast Away. I cried when he talked about losing his girl all over again. I cry every time Tom Hanks misses someone.... "I miss you Jenny." (Forest Gump is my favorite movie by the way!)
33. What color shirt are you wearing?
Gray
34. Summer or winter? Fall. Also one of my favorite smells.
35. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs. I never feel safer than when Trav is hugging me.
36. Favorite dessert?
Cinnamon Rolls
37. What book are you reading now?
BOM. Mom hasn't sent me a book on tape in a long time! Probably because I don't have a tape player in my car anymore.
38. What is on your mouse pad?
Mine works in the buff as well.
40. Favorite sound?
Travis, Jane and Tuck all snoring at the same time.
41. Rolling stones or Beatles? Beatles. I remember learning every word to "Norwegian Wood" riding from Delta to Cedar City in Ruth with Mom.
42. What is the furthest you have been from home?
Italy I think. I should look at a map of Europe! I'm so bad a geography!
43. Do you have a special talent?
I'm a pretty good event planner. It makes me sad that I can't say I'm a dancer anymore though. After 3 years of not performing I can't really tell people that anymore!
44. Where were you born?
Provo
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute answers Emily! I felt like I was right there with you in Travis's sweatshirt.lol
i like your blog emily! i had fun at the shark reef! hope yo see you soon!
kinley
That was fun Em! Even that small amount of info reveals things I did not know about you...and I thought I knew you pretty well.
Mindy
Post a Comment