This is the title of my Sunday School lesson for my 5-6 year olds tomorrow. The lesson suggested to have the children look around the room for a piece of paper hidden in a box. Since I had some extra time today I decided to make it a little more interesting. I'm sending the kids on a treasure hunt complete with a weathered, burned map. With help from my childhood memories and the internet I created this tutorial on how to make an awesome treasure map.
#1 With the kitchen faucet running and the 9 and the 1 already dialed on your cell, carefully burn the edges of a piece of paper.
#2 Lay the piece of paper on a cookie sheet. The internet recipe I found called for a cup of coffee or black tea. In true LDS fashion, I substituted hot chocolate. I didn't make mine quite dark enough though. Add lots of mix or cocoa. Pour the drink onto the cookie sheet. Just enough that the paper is soaked. Drain the remaining liquid left in the pan.
#3 Bake the paper in the oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes
#4 Draw an awesome treasure map!
For those of you burning with curiosity, the treasure in this box is a picture of the scriptures.
2 comments:
Love it. Those kids are blessed to have you as their teacher!
Emily! This is the cutest thing ever! Your primary kids really are blessed to have you!
Post a Comment