Trav and I had a great time yesterday picking out a real tree from a lot by our house. I was surprised at what a difference a real tree makes! I'm a little stuffed up so I can't smell it's wonderful smell but there's a definite feeling about having a live tree in my house that makes me happy! I decided to go with an icy, wintery theme for the decor. I even sprinkled fake snow on the branches! Behold...

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
That is so beautiful! Good job. I wish we could have a live tree but I made a deal with the devil (ie Kyle) that since we put up our tree before Thanksgiving that we could have a fake one..since he likes fake ones better (less sap and dead needles everywhere) PLus he can't smell anything so it's no loss on his part! I love real trees and yours is awesome!
Wow! So pretty! It looks like one you would see in a hotel or something. :-) WE have a fake one too, but mostly because the last one we had that was real tipped over..twice...and then died three days before Christmas. lol...but I am sure yours won't do that. :-)
Emily, Your tree looks so beautiful. I love the silvery icy motif. We put ours up tonight and I agree 100% about the real tree. I hope that when I am old and too weak and agitated to get my own tree, that my children and grandchildren will get one for me. It's such a joy to have the pine smell and the feeling of life in the room. I also love that every year it looks different. I also love picking the tree out with my children and husband and tying it with rope to the top of our car.I also enjoy the pine needles in the vacuum that put forth their aroma for months afterward every time I vacuum. I love it all. That is all. Thanks for the pics.
Absolutely Gorgeous! I miss you! One day we need to get together, it's only been over 4 years since we've seen each other!
Post a Comment