Tuesday, November 10, 2009

There's an app for that


I feel like I could create an individual blog entry for each reason I love my iPhone. I will start with my most recent app (short for application-something you can download to your phone) which is called "Lose it." It's a calorie counter/miracle worker! First you put in what your current weight, height and age is. Then it asks what your goal weight is. You then choose how aggressively you want to loose weight (1/2 lb a week, 1 lb a week etc.) Then it tells you how many calories you can eat in a day to get to your goal weight.

Each day you add everything you ate. It has a huge data base of foods and it budgets how many more calories you can eat that day.


It also lets you add exercise and tells you how many calories that burned. The more you burn, the more you can eat!

I'm trying to tone up a little before our trip to Hawaii next month. The other day I ate a piece of cake for breakfast and by dinner time I only had 10 calories left in my budget. So I went and danced for 1/2 hour and earned (or burned) enough calories to have dinner! It's great!

I know I couldn't stay on the program forever but it's great for a short term goal. It also gives me a good feel for what foods are extra high in calories and how much I should be eating and exercising each day.

Stay tuned for other reasons why I love my iPhone.

5 comments:

Jill said...

yes, but does it make all your food for you and shock you when you come close to going over your alloted calorie intake?.....I didn't think so....

actually, that is REALLY cool! I found a website for that,..but a phone!? I want one.

PS make sure you tell you mother in law thanks for all those clothes! I got a TON and have been LOVING them! She has great taste...and I'm reaping all the benefits....

Mindy said...

That is a cool ap but to be perfect it would have to do what Jill said.
Have a blast in Hawaii with your toned cute bod.

Sarah R. said...

Am I the only one who is going to say, "Cake for breakfast?" How did that morning go for you? : ) Sounds like an awesome app!

Emily West said...

I had cake for breakfast because it was a coworker's birthday and we always bring in a "Nothing Bundt Cake" for birthdays. The morning was a little shaky but totally worth it! :)

Emily West said...
This comment has been removed by the author.