Has anyone ever been left an anonymous letter from "A Neighbor" before? When we first moved in we let Jane and Tuck stay outside all day while we were at work because Tuck would chew on the furniture if we left them inside. Then we got an anonymous letter stating that our dog was barking "literally all day." Even though I refused to believe Jane was actually barking for 9 hours straight, we decided to leave her inside all day, and leave Tuck outside all day since he doesn't bark, but chews! Keep in mind, I got a second dog because I felt guilty that Jane had to be alone all day. Now I just have two lonely dogs.
So, whenever we're going to be gone for short periods of time, we leave the dogs together outside. When we got home from church today there was another anonymous letter stating Jane had been barking for an hour and half straight and that several neighbors would appreciate us not letting our dog outside during the day while we're gone and not to let them out so early in the morning on weekdays!! Does this sound unreasonable to anyone else? We NEVER let our dogs go outside after 9pm and because I have to leave for work at 7:45am I have to let Jane out between 7am-7:30am because, keep in mind, they requested I not leave her outside during the day! I'm just furious with the whole situation! I would completely understand if our dogs were outside at night keeping people awake. But they're not. And I don't understand who gets mad about a dog barking in the afternoon! Furthermore, at some point during the day, my dog HAS to go outside. Apparently my neighbors get to decide when that is. That is all.
4 comments:
To me the worst part about all of this is the anonymity. You are left to suspect everyone and you don't know where to turn to discuss the issue. Hopefully, whoever it is reads your blog and they can step forward now.
I agree with you on the daytime barking. This is America. Our dogs are free to bark. It's the nighttime barking that can't be tolerated. And yet, I deal with that almost every night. Maybe I should I write an anonymous letter...
ok, I am your sister so I am still on your side and your neighbors are poopie pantses...BUT..I REALLY hate it when dogs bark ALL DAY LONG!! We had a neighbor that had a dog that did it and it serioulsy made me grumpy. I guess you have to look at it from their point of view. Let's say your next door neighbor played loud music all day long,...music that you didn't like, yet you were forced to listen to it anyway....please don't hate me...I love you!!!!
Jill, we are no longer friends...or sisters. I have trained my dogs to bark at you whenever they see you. :)
It was actually me who wrote that letter. I can hear your dogs from up here! lol
Post a Comment