Lately I've been really into decorating my house for holidays. Trav and I spooked up our front yard for Halloween and yesterday I went to the craft store and went a little crazy with the Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations. I bought stuff to make a beautiful Thanksgiving centerpiece and all new tree decorations for Christmas. Last night Travis asked if I wanted to put up our tree next weekend since he knew I was so excited about the new decor. It was then that we realized we don't even have a tree! Last year, all the the prelit lights on our tree went dead. We tried to fix them but no success. It ended up looking terrible stringing new lights over the thousands of dead lights already in the tree. So we tossed the tree and decided to buy a new one this year. I had obviously forgotten all about this since I was justifying spending a little extra on decorations thinking I wouldn't have to buy a tree this year! Maybe the tree will be my Christmas present from Trav! :)
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love your centerpiece! It's awesome! I
I think we are planning on Richfield for Thanksgiving! We will see you there. We missed you at the Halloween party.
We really did miss you at the party...just tell me what you guys would have come as and I will feel a little better.
I love the fall centerpeice! Good job.
Hi Emily its Shai! I just found your blog and wanted to leave a comment. You look sooo pretty! I love your hair long in that picture! I hope that you are doing good, and your centerpiece is beautiful!!!!
Mindy,
We would have gone as Edward and Bella. :) Just kidding. I'm not really sure what we would have been. I was sad I didn't get to go to the party too. Did you guys have all the usual fun?
I love your decor!
Emily, Very cute decorations. You could send Travis to the mountains to get a real tree. Or at least to Lowe's. Ben and Cait came as Edward and Bella. It was a little shocking how much Ben looked like Edward. We came as Egyptians. Gabriel was the mummy. We missed you!
Your centerpiece is awesome. I had no idea it would be so big. Welcome to the world of seasonal decorating. Your Halloween looks spooky too!
Mom
Cute decorations, Em. You are so creative and crafty...I need a lesson from you.
Post a Comment