Sunday, July 19, 2009

The patience of Job...'s dog watcher

Okay, I will in no way compare myself to having any of the trials of Job, but lately my dogs have made me feel very prepared for anything that would test my patience! In honor of keeping the Sabbath day holy, here are a few of the verses from my book of patience this weekend...

1 The carpet cleaners show up bright and early on Saturday morning to clean the much needed rugs and carpet from months of my dogs trampling in dirt, mud and cleverly using both as backup toilet paper/rear end scratcher.

2 After 45 minutes of the dogs running through the house playing because it's 9:30pm and still 100 degrees outside, Tuck throws up all over the newly cleaned rug.

3 I finally sit back and relax after a long weekend of cleaning and running errands and I hear Jane barking like it's the second coming outside. I run outside to see her laying down in the back yard apparently just barking because she likes the sound of her own voice.

4. Before bed I have to run outside again to manually turn off our swimming pool pump because sometime last winter, the dogs found the wires that connect the pool equipment to the controller in our kitchen. Just as I run back inside before I break a sweat (still 100 degrees outside) I step in a pile of dog poop as big as my foot.

And it came to pass that I then believed, having kids has to be easier than this. :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Kids are way easier it's true!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the dogs to finally wear you down!

Mom

Andrew & Kristin said...

Wow Em that is awesome! You still have to step in poop sometimes though. What a crazy weekend!

Sheri said...

Yup. I would agree. Although you would still have some of the same problems. :)