I realize I haven't posted in a while but I do have a good reason! This week was our "Week of Giving" at work and every day I had an event to manage. The biggest project was our Adopt a Family program. We adopted 17 families, all employees in need. We had an event on Wednesday where we wrapped the gifts and also painted toys for Happy Factory Toys. Yesterday we had a Holiday Party for all employees. I was there from 7am to 10pm last night! Then this morning (SATURDAY!!!) I was back at work at 8am to deliver all the gifts for Adopt a Family. Most families came to our parking garage to pick up the gifts. Others needed the gifts delivered to their homes so I had a volunteer dress as Santa to deliver the gifts. It was a very humbling experience to see all the families in tears as we loaded boxes and boxes of gifts for their families. One family didn't have beds for their kids to sleep on so we had RC Willey deliver bunk beds. Once they found out about what we were doing, they volunteered to deliver and set up the beds for free. It was a great experience!
got very cold!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That would have been such a great experiance. It does make you really appreciate what you have huh?
Did'nt you do a 5K at Thanksgiving? How was it?
Post a Comment