Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Present

Recently I've been talking a lot about how I want to start dancing again and how I eventually want to be a dance team instructor. Last week Travis told me that he needed to put in a wood floor at a client's house for an exercise room. He had me help him pick out the wood to use because he said he needed a "woman's advice." I picked out the floor that I would have liked and thought nothing of it. Then I left to go to Utah for Pat's funeral and Trav had to stay and work until Christmas Eve day. He kept calling me and telling me that this client was really demanding and since it was Christmas time, all his union employees would have to be paid over time so he was having to do a lot of the work himself. Again, I thought nothing of it and was just anxious to have him home with me for Christmas. On Christmas morning he told me had a present for me and that it was nothing big. It was an envelope with a card and these pictures.



This is the spare bedroom in our house! There was no client at all. He was putting in a wood floor to build me a dance studio! He'll be putting in mirrors soon too! He's such a sweet man and I'm so lucky to have him!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! He is sneaky and handy. It looks beautiful.

Jill said...

that is so sweet! it looks amazing! good job travis.

Keri Kemp said...

thats an awesome present!!! i want to come to your dance studio! i remeber one time i was at grandma teeples house and you were there too, i just started ballet and i wanted you to teach me first so i was going to be a good dancer when i went back to dance! ....:) happy new year!

sweet job travis!!

Anonymous said...

The present still "floors" me. Are you going to start classes soon? It was so nice to have you here for
Christmas.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Em! Long time no chat... but it is good to visit you in E-Log land! I hope all is well...

Andrew and Kristin Briggs said...

Em,

That is so awesome! Your husband is amazing. He wins the award for best husband for sure. I am glad you had a good Christmas I am so sad we were not able to see while we were in Utah. It has been way too long. Love ya!

Andrew and Kristin Briggs said...

Hey are you going to Miss America?