Saturday, August 16, 2008

Twilight

Okay, so I finally jumped on the band wagon. Tav's mom had the book "Twilight" sitting on her table the other day so I casually started reading the first few pages. She admitted that she would probably wouldn't read it so she said I could take it home with me. Last night at 10:30pm I started reading it. 5 hours later (3:30am) I forced myself to put it down so I could get some sleep. I laid awake thinking about it for a good 1/2 hour and at 7am my eyes shot open with thoughts of Edward! I reached up to grab the book from my nightstand but I decided to get some sleep instead so I could be more alert when I was reading. So at 10am I started reading again. I took a break at 1pm to eat something since I hadn't yet!!! I guess everyone was right, this book is amazing. I'm going to finish it now and start on the next one tonight. I know I'm way behind everyone else so NO ONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS!!! I vaguely remember reading a spoiler on someone's blog about a big event that's coming but I'm trying to forget everything I've heard.
Even though Edward has lighter hair, every time Bella describes him I picture Travis. :)

5 comments:

Meagan DeLange said...

Hi Emily! Yes, I do wish that we could all lie in the grass with our friends everyday and just laugh : ). I'm so happy that you are reading Twilight; the books just keep getting better! I know what you mean about them being so hard to put down! I often sacrificed eating and sleeping while I was reading the fourth book. So crazy : ).

Mindy said...

I read all three books in about two weeks and after I was done I was totally drepressed. I felt like I lost my best friends. Good thing many of my friends were going through the same things so we talked and talked about them. Also there is a website called www.stephaniemeyer.com if you click on twilight series there are TONS of outtakes...there are pages and pages that did not get published. Also there are tons of interviews with her where she talks about how hard it was writing cause her head would be in the clouds with Bella and Edward and it was hard to come down to her regular life!
Jill told me that I should have read more slowly so I would savour them more...with this last book I forced myself to make it last a solid week. HAVE FUN

Mindy said...

one more thing...after you read these books its fun to look around and see who looks like a vampire. At disneyland me and Jill tried to find Bella and Edward. Jill says at church she would look around in sacrament and think "i bet he/she is a vampire"

Jill said...

Welcome to the dark side! lol...funnily enough, I actually pictured Travis too when I thought of Edward! He could totally be him. :-)

Hannah said...

Oh Em!
I'm not sure if I would every recommend the books to anyone since most everyone I've talked to has had the same lingering depression your sister Mindy describes after reading these books. My sister read them all in a row and she bawled for like three days or something. I read them a little slower so it wasn't that big of a deal, but man, they really do something to you. I'm not quite sure if it's healthy yet.