Saturday, March 22, 2008

Survival

I've been very overwhelmed at work lately. I started a new job that I know absolutely nothing about! I'm learning every day but I have to admit I do get a little sad when I look outside my office and see my new event planner inflating balloons or counting jelly beans for a candy guess game. My job used to be very easy and very fun! I guess if I want to be anything more than a bean counter I have to learn other areas of HR!


Last Friday I felt especially lost in my job. I was in a meeting where everyone else knew exactly what they were talking about so I just took notes and pretended I knew what they were saying too. I've adapted this new motto. I think I'll hang it in my office.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I feel for you. People have nightmares about the exact thing your going through...but in real life its actually a good thing to have to go through. It can make you feel so acomplished to learn knew things. When Kyle got hired at the Summer Games and then at the Huntsman, it was a big change and a little scary...I just told him to "fake it till ya make it". I love your quote and picture. We all need that quote in life sometimes, I can use it in my parenting! Love ya and good luck...you are the Hyde sister success story as far as careers go. See ya on the 19th!

gardenofeden said...

Emily,
If I know you, and I think I do, it won't be long before these feelings of being lost are a distant memory. Plus, in your poster the only weak thing about the fox is he's not in his element, right? As soon as you get used to what you are doing, you'll totally be the leader of the pack.
Love ya,
Sarah

Jill said...

I know you will get the hang of it soon. Mike has gone through this so many times! It will all come togther. You are great and will do great things in this job.

Betty Grace said...

Good luck with the new job. I think it takes 6 months to figure out a new job and see if you're going to like it.

I love that poster. I used to get that calendar every year for my office. Makes me laugh. I don't remember seeing that dog one before. A least you've got your sense of humor. :)

Keri Kemp said...

wow i do that sometimes in my math class! :) did you made the poster and the quote? if ya did thats awesome!
hope you have a sweet week!
keri