Saturday, March 15, 2008

Goat Day!

Today we got Travis's Christmas gift from Matthew and Jessica. It was hilarious! We've always joked with them about how earthy they are and how we're sure they go out and milk their goat every morning in their leederhosen while gathering nuts and berries to eat for breakfast! So in the gift basket was a hand knit pair of red and blue leederhosen,







A can of goat's milk, a flameless candle and a picture of Matthew next to a goat. There was also a poem written by Jessica.





















The poem was too funny not to share...


"I was walking through the valley,
I went running through the glen,
And then I stopped to write for you
with this pad and pen.

This morning at the milking,
I stopped to think of you.
And as the goat was "bahhing"
I knew just what I'd do.

I'd share the milk with those I love
to give them nutri"ants"
and with the milk I'll give a pair of
very special pants

These leederhosen works so well
to keep you warm and dry
(but please wear something underneath,
and please don't ask me why!)

And for those late milkings
a candle to light the way,
with no worry of a fire
if you stick in in the hay

With a fragrant sent to ease the pain
of goat smell all the while.
Now you can go and milk the goat
and do it all in style

Now Merry Christmas Travis dear
And have a great new year!
Just pray we don't switch to drinking milk
from Santa's old reindeer!"

Thanks Matthew and Jessica!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't take any credit for Matthew and Jessica's off beat sense of humor! You guys really out do each. So Travis, how about next Halloween?

Mom

Andrew and Kristin Briggs said...

Travis you look awesome! I love it! Can I get some of those?