Sunday, November 23, 2008

Its Christmas at my house!

I spent the weekend decorating my house for Christmas. Next weekend I'll put lights outside and we'll be set! My nativity scene hasn't' arrived yet but my Original Christmas Gift has. Here are some pics of our holiday home!


I haven't forgotten Thanksgiving however! I told Trav's fam I would bring 2 pies on Thursday so I wanted to practice making the crust this weekend so I was sure it would taste good. I turned the crust into a chicken pot pie and it is SO DELICIOUS! Trav and I have been eating it non stop! I'm confident now that my sweet potato pie (Trav's favorite) and pecan pie (my favorite) will be perfect for Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

What cute decorations. Doesnt it change the atmosphere in your home? My tree has a real presence. I cant believe that you make pies and pie crusts...I have never even attempted that and you are still a baby for all practical purposes. What is a sweet potatoe pie?

Ben Hyde said...

Hey!! you better leave a ladder out by the fireplace so santa can reach your stockings!!!

Merry Thanksgiving and Happy Christmas.

Anonymous said...

hey im glad someone is getting in the holiday spirit i sent out a text wishing every onea merry christmas yesterday and they all replyed saying arent you a little to early or something like that but way to go emily!

Liz said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!! Hopefully I will be moving to St. George within the next year. Maybe when I have a new house, you should come up and help me decorate!

Keri Kemp said...

awesome! we just decorated our house yesterday,! , i love making dough!!! :) [im going to see twilight this friday!!!! im soo exsited!!]

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! we made Pecan pies for thanksgiving today too! :) Sharon