I also ordered a mini version of the gift I gave mom last year. It's the original Christmas gift, Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.
I decided that I would also secretly find a way to sneak in the true meaning of Christmas at work this year too! I've come up with a "Week of Giving" where each day during the 2nd week of December there will be opportunities for our employees to give something back. The activities range from a blood drive to assembling toys we can ship over seas to kids who've never had toys. We're also doing "Adopt a Family" within our property and will wrap and deliver the gifts that week too. Because we won't be able to give the employees the kind of party and gift we usually do, I'm hoping that they'll feel so great after the "Week of Giving" that they won't be upset by not receiving anything grand like in years past. Wish me luck!!
4 comments:
Yeah, I love Christmas too! I think you have great ideas for work. If your employees are smart they will realize that they are lucky just to have jobs right now. Although, if Kyle is reading this and we dont get our Christmas bonus you better not tell me just to be happy that we have a job. You should read Jessica and Matthews post "Merry Halloween". It is cute. Hope to see you this Christmas. Mom is working out the details with coming down for it.
Pam, dad and I are going to the midnight premier of Twilight...I would have been just as happy waiting a few days but when Pam called with tickets I could not refuse.
That's a great idea! Good for you. I want to do more "true" Christmas this year too.
PS
I am going to Twilight at midnight too!
awesome! thats cool your doing that! i just finished twilight and im on new moon! i really want to go see the movie! so when you go see it comment on my blog or email me some cool parts or sad "left-out" parts!
luv you
im so excited for christmas too!!! so have you guys decided to come to our house or not yet? i really want you to come
Post a Comment