Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finally Shelves!



So, I bought some shelves to put in our bedroom about 6 months ago. They've been sitting in our closet being ignored. Finally, I convinced Trav to help me put them up. (When I say "help me" I mean he did everything and I just told him where I wanted them.) But I love them! Trav did such a great job.
My absolute favorite part and something that will stay forever in the "favorite memories" part of my mind is when we were going through our house trying to find stuff to put on the shelves. I gathered the candles and picture frame and Travis came back from the office with this stack of books.
There are 2 reasons I love this so much!
1. Because Travis had the idea all on his own to go to our office and find all the littlest books he could. I can just picture his thought process!

2. Because I'm amazed that we had so many miniature books in our house already!

It was a fun day! I've also included some pics of how our entire room looks now that it's complete! Hurray!

6 comments:

Jill said...

What a sweet set up! It looks great! I still need to come and see your house in Real LIFE. I love the look of it from your blog. Your cool jelly fish light is great too!

Andrew & Kristin said...

Emily! I feel like I haven't heard or talked to you for a long time. I love your pictures and your shelves! It looks like you are doing well! I think about you all the time. I hear songs and say things that make me think of you. I miss you!

Hannah said...

Way cute! You make me want to get going on our bedroom. After painting and decorating all the other rooms I just can't bring myself to do it though. I love your bed though, where did you get it?

Mindy said...

I love the shelves. You guys have great taste. Its nice to come home after a crazy day and have such a great room as a retreat huh? Now to clarify once more...I did not flirt with Lance Jackson! Kyle was sitting there and in his eyes he thinks I did but in mine I was just being nice!
See the good thing about you being last out of 10 is that you will always be "the youngest" in the family and hence will have many "birth order" theories about you.

Keri Kemp said...

when i was littler i always though you were "my biggest sister" but i never told anyone!! :) ~ i think we look alike:)

Anonymous said...

Six months is not unusual to put off a project. The effect is stunning. You're doing a great job of creating a home that says "you"

Mom