Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Sunny will come out...




This is the newest addition to our fix tank. I named him Sunny. He's a much needed splash of color to our tank!
I had today what I like to call, a much needed break from claustrophobia! Today was the first Saturday in many many months that Travis and I were both not working. So we just did...basically nothing! It was great! We ran little errands together, laid by the pool, tried to convince the dogs that they like to get in the water, bought a fish, and took a nap! I kept telling Travis all day that days like today keep me from the claustrophobic feeling of working. I remember being in school and just loving having the summers off to recharge. It's very hard to get used to not having a big chunk of time off anymore. But if I can't have 3 months off in the summer, I'll take days like today.

4 comments:

Jill said...

You are on your way to a NEMO fish tank! That one it just like "bubbles!" It's really cool.
I'm glad you finally had a relaxing day! I love those kinds of days, but they always go way too fast!

Mindy said...

Thats interesting that your lazy day sounds like everyday of my life. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be busy and work and have demands on my time and some brain stimultaion and a way to measure my success besides having all the laundry done. I do love my life however. We flew out of Las Vegas to St. Louis and thought of you guys...we need to get together! Do you ever get my texts?

Hannah said...

Em,
I'm sooo glad I found your blog again. Cute fish! Hope all is well.
-Hannah

Anonymous said...

Emily, your fish are amazing. But when will the myraid of grandchildren pictures be coming from your way. No pressure - I'm just reading a book on the joys of being a mother. Your time will come. I could't survive without some "down days". Why are you both working Saturdays?

Mom