Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fun game

I got this from Mindy.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.

I'm excited to read everyone's comments!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey emily i remember when you were living with us i had a fun time with you we would always go in your room and still the little cow you had and i would always play with it! i had lots of fun living with you too bad thats all i remember doing with you haha but i do remember the cow!

Mindy said...

I am sure thats all Kinley can remember about you when you were living with us but she does have other memories of you at other times.
As long as we are talking about you living with us...one of my memories was when me and kyle would argue (and by the way I really did not feel that we were fighting but it may have appeared that way) you would burst out singing "There is Beauty All Around". Just like mom used to when we were little.
Some of my best memories with you..besides all the ones when you were young, was when you went to SUU and every time you danced I would bring my video camera and record it. Then after you would come find us and we would do a post dance wrap up and you would tell the camera how you felt about the dance. I was so proud of you and you were always the best one!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I remember walking arm and arm with you in Walmart when a stranger asked me "How do you do that?" ( Meaning how do you stay close to your teenagers)
We just looked at each other in surprise - it was natural!

Mom

Jill said...

People are people..so what do you care..they ware pink and purple stripped underware!

Mindy said...

I remember one more that is probably one of my all time favorites (besides the Red Red Wine)...when you were very young I would fill your mind with the alluring life style of being a teen ager...one of the top things I did was "drag main" when I was a teen. You always talked about doing it with me so I promised that the next time we were in Delta together we would drag main. We ended up in Delta on a friday night soon there after and we were in the cool red sports car. So we drug main for a long while, I was talking with you and we were jamming out to fun tunes...I noticed after a while that people were giving me odd looks and I realized to my horror that you were not even tall enough to see over and out the window! Everyone thought I was alone and being crazy by myself. The part of the story that I now cherish is that you were completely happy "dragging main" with me but to you dragging main was no more than being with me.

Hannah said...

Em,
I have so many memories of you! YOu are my oldest friend and one I always smile when I think about you.
I think the bulk of my memories of you are from that year in eighth grade when me, you, Chani, Shai and Kim were all like the five musketeers or something. We did so many funny things and I WILL write a book about that one day.
I remember in elementary school when you had to move to Richfield with your mom. I was so sad. You were my best friend and I still have all the letters we wrote back and forth to each other.
I remember all of the parties we used to have at your house in Delta. The dances in the basement...that was so fun! I remember going to your house in Oak City and swimming in your pool in the back yard. I remember that you guys always had TANG the drink, and you'd always make me some when I came over.
But I think my favorite most recent memory of you was when I wrote you just after my parents got divorced and you wrote me back so quickly. YOur letter meant so much to me and came at such a sad time. There is no one who can understand that kind of pain like one who's already been through it. I was so grateful to have that kind of friendship from one who knew me so well and for so long. I really hope my memories of you don't end there. There's nothing like having a best friend for life. I love you, girl! Hope all is well

Meagan DeLange said...

Hi Emily! This is Meagan Madsen - now DeLange : ). I saw your e-log through Kristin Chamberlain's site and I thought I would write a fun memory for you! I remember in 5th grade (?) you were new at Pahvant Elementary and you sang Delta Dawn at our talent show. I think you had your dad with you playing the guitar or something : ). You always had such an amazing voice! I also remember watching fireworks with you and Kim Larsen one 4th of July and we laughed at the squiggley ones - hurry-hurry : ). I hope that you are doing well and that you are so happy : )! Talk to you later.

Dave and Hejdi Swan said...

Emily!! I this is Hejdi Nelson..now Swan :) I saw your blog on Hannah's site and got excited! You two have a gorgeous house and how fun to live in Vegas!! But yes, lots of fun 7th grade memories with you! ha One that I remember the most was when you, Kim and I sang "The Rose" for the talent show, so we practiced and practiced in my garage. And then when we performed it, Mrs. Larsen told us we were singing it WAY too slow. But that's because we were all trying to get our parts right! ha I'm glad all is well with you :)

Sheri said...

Emily "Cow Hyde" :) - I'm so glad you found me. I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever. Maybe I haven't. To think of a few memories. "Hearken!" I won't say more for now. If you don't remember that, let me know. :) Singing all over - choir, our foursome, making a cd, etc. Tickling each others necks during young women's. Hanging out, dance competitions, of course the boys :), riding four wheelers, living across the street from each other. Just so many fun things!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Chani Todd...now kuehnl...we had a lot of fun so there's a lot of memories to choose from...Do you remember when we (you, me, hannah, kim) were driving back from the honor choir competition (to see shai) and we did the "I've got a headuke" "a what?" "a headuke" "a what?" "a headuke".....over and over and over the whole ride home? Whenever I say a loud that i have a headache, I think of that.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm not a Blogger, so I don't have a Blog name or anything...I'm home alone this weekend surfing the internet when I randomly came across this blog spot....when I try to come up with a memory from high school, all I can see in my head is laughing at anything/everything stupid...but still laughing really hard.

Liz

Emily West said...

So many friends I haven't talked to for so long!!! It was good to hear from you all!